What are Vocational Courses?
A vocational course is a type of educational program that teaches people the skills they need to apply to a certain trade. Vocational courses focus on certain roles or occupations and provide job-specific training. In many situations, vocational courses can lead to a skills certificate. Vocational courses are often non-academic and are focused on a single trade, career, or vocation.
What are the benefits of pursuing a Vocational Course?
- Traditional diplomas are generally more expensive than vocational institutions.
- Vocational schools teach and train students for specialized trade employment, generally with a limited curriculum unrelated to the student's chosen career.
- Depending on the trade, vocational school programs can be taken online or in person.
- In the event that a student wishes to transfer to a two-or four-year university program, vocational institutions frequently provide transferable credits.
- Vocational training has also been found to aid in the development of social skills and the improvement of health-related behavior. For example, the training can help in improving a person's motivation, attitude, self-esteem, and confidence, particularly among the jobless.
- Vocational schools frequently have positive relationships with local employment companies.
What are the different types of Vocational Courses?
After completing your 10th or 12th grade, you can pursue a variety of vocational courses in India. All of these different types of vocational training courses emphasize practical instruction above theory. During training, both skill development and traditional knowledge are taught. These courses are meant to educate people in accordance with industry requirements. The list of vocational courses available in India is extensive, ranging from certificate to Ph.D. levels. In vocational training courses, there are a variety of specialties offered.
Eligibility for Vocational Diploma Courses
After 10th and 12th grades, there is a range of vocational courses to choose from. The minimal percentage necessary for pursuing a particular occupational training in 10th and 12th grade varies per course.
Syllabus/Curriculum for Vocational Education
Vocational Education, unlike other courses, has a considerably broader reach. There are two parts to the course: general and skill development. The curriculum is divided into two parts: theory (40%) and skill development (60%) and is based on national occupational standards. Professional training, practical, theoretical, skills, and others are all included in the course.
- Students enrolled in a vocational education program must be committed and creative. When starting a diploma program, he or she must have objectives in mind.
- The syllabus stays discipline-specific. If a student is interested in learning about mobile communication and technology, he or she should be aware of the skill-based courses involved.
Personality skills that are required to excel in the Vocational department
- When it comes to Vocational courses, time management is the most crucial skill required.
- People in vocational courses are required to deal with clients, stakeholders, and investors on a regular basis. As a result, having strong communication skills is the most important talent for a person to succeed in their job.
- Professionals will have to continually direct their teams toward the intended outcome, therefore they must possess adequate leadership abilities in this sector.
- When it comes to managing a team, a professional should be aggressive and helpful. The more accessible, trustworthy, and supportive a professional is, the higher their team's performance will be.
How much budget is needed?
Vocational certificate courses are appropriate for applicants who want to start their careers, change careers, or enhance their present employment abilities. The average cost of vocational training is between INR 15,000 and INR 20,000. Candidates might earn an initial salary of INR 5,000-INR 10,000 per month after completing the vocational certificate or diploma course.
The majority of institutes follow the approach shown below.
- Firstly, you need to visit the official website of the institute where you wish to enroll in the course.
- However, before enrolling for the course online and filling out the application form, be sure you are eligible.
- Some universities require students to take an entrance exam, while others consider candidates solely on their merit.
- If you pass, the institution will contact the candidates who have been nominated for counseling.
- Then you'll have to decide the courses you want to take. Submit the fee and complete the admission process.
Job Description after Vocational Diploma Courses: Career, Scope, and Salaries
Health care, creative industries such as graphic and web design, culinary technology, and cosmetology are just a few of the disciplines where vocational courses are available. Vocational courses in skilled trades such as automobile repair, plumbing, heating, and air conditioning are also available. You have the option of starting your career in the highest position accessible after successfully finishing your preferred diploma in a Vocational Course.
Some of the options are:-
Tourist resort planning, food service management, ecology, environment and tourism, intercultural communication are the work in this field. The average annual salary in this sector is INR 3,50,000.
The average annual salary in this field is INR 3,50,000. Dressmaking for celebrities and other customers is part of a fashion designer's work description. They create bespoke gowns and compete in fashion shows to win rewards.
The work entails taking a variety of classes that teach the actor about emotions, voice, body, speech and diction, creativity, imagination, characterization, auditioning methods, and method acting, among other things.
The average annual salary in this field is INR 2,50,000. Their job entails developing, designing, and coding websites and related apps for businesses, individuals, and other organizations. They are in charge of the appliance's or website's technical and graphical features.
Hotel management is an area of study that encompasses the executive and managerial responsibilities of any hospitality center, hotel, restaurant, or seminar organization. The average annual salary in this field is INR 4,00,000.
Wedding photography is no longer the only type of photography available. It covers a wide range of topics, including event photography, product photography, travel photography, and wildlife photography. Many large corporations are on the lookout for skilled photographers who can work wonders with their cameras. Each image has its own set of methods and viewpoints. The training is in high demand since many media agencies, advertising agencies, publications, travel businesses, Fashion and Advertising all want photographers.
After 12th grade, taking a Beautician course might be an excellent alternative for creative vocational training. You may discover diploma or certificate programs in Hair Designing, Beauty Therapy, Nail Designing, and other fields, in addition to Make-up. You may either establish your own practice or work in a variety of salons, spas, and hotels after finishing the curriculum. A beautician's average annual pay is INR 2,00,000.
The healthcare and fitness sector in India is booming as individuals become more conscious of their health and wellness. People are hiring personal fitness trainers to help them stay in shape and manage their weight. Students must be physically fit to participate in this practical program. They should also be active and health-conscious, keeping up with the newest developments in the field of physical fitness. Their average annual salary is INR 2,00,000.
Web Development and Animation
- Red chilies
- Anytime Fitness
Salary Package after Vocational Diploma Courses
Vocational courses equip students with industry-specific abilities that can help them land a successful career in a certain field, such as automotive mechanic, food technician, electrician, carpenter, photographer, or software developer. After completing vocational education, the average annual salary is about INR 4 lakh.
VOCATIONAL COURSES IN INDIA: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What distinguishes vocational courses from traditional or regular courses?
Vocational courses are manual or practical activities that are linked to a certain trade or profession. Regular courses, on the other hand, provide an in-depth theoretical study of a certain subject of study.
What is the importance of having vocational skills?
- Practical Education teaches pupils the value of manual labor through certain vocational skills.
- They become strong, healthy, and energetic as a result of the physical labor they perform in specific occupations.
- The majority of vocational skills are transferable across borders, resulting in job prospects in other nations.
What proportion of vocational courses does UGC offer?
UGC offers around 40 courses in the fields of commerce, engineering, health, and paramedics. Vocational courses recognized by the UGC are in great demand. Some of the vocational courses include stenography, game design, typewriting, tailoring, cosmetics artistry, and so on.
When did India's vocational education begin?
Vocational education was first introduced in India in 1956. In 1956, the Indian government established the National Council of Vocational Training (NCVT).